Happy Veterans Day from National Warehouse Equipment!
Although some military experts have an incredibly in-depth knowledge of the military, no one person can know everything there is to know. I have searched books and the Internet and have come up with 15 military facts I bet you didn’t know. These facts make great dinner conversation and could help you win on any one of the many trivia shows.
1. 30 of the 43 Presidents served in the Army, 24 during time of war, two earned the rank of 5-star General (Washington and Eisenhower) and one earned the Medal of Honor (T. Roosevelt)
2. Less than 28 percent of Americans between the ages of 17-23 are qualified for military service, that’s only about 1-in-4.
3. The U.S. Air Force was part of the Army until 1946. It was called the Army Air Corp.
4. Only one President (James Buchanan) served as an enlisted man in the military and did not go on to become an officer.
5. The Department of Defense employs about 1.8 million people on active duty. It is the largest employer in the United States, with more employees than Exxon, Mobil, Ford, General Motors, and GE combined!
Read the next 10 facts on Military.com